Novel work 2023!

Kia Ora! It’s Isabella here and i’m here to show you the novel work we’ve been working on! We all got put into groups and had different activities to complete. My group’s novel is called Bow Down Shadrach and it’s about a horse named Shadrach that does the opposite of what he’s told. He is a very old horse that couldn’t really walk. He got sent off to a dog food factory to be made into dog food! The characters in the novel are Hannah, Sophie, Jo, Mikey, Sky and Shadrach. Shadrach is very important to Hannah and when Hannah’s mum, Sophie, mentioned getting a new pony Hannah was so sad!

In this story I liked how Hannah, Mikey and Sky were brave enough to go on a big adventure when they were less than 11 years old! They even had to secretly jump on the back of a truck to get to Nelson! The reason they went off on that adventure was because Sophie and Jo had sent Shadrach off to a dog food factory, they also lied saying he was going to a beautiful stable that would take care of him!

My Favorite character is Hannah because she is so brave and determined to get Shadrach back.

Hope you enjoyed my blog! Check out my reading slideshow I have been working on!

Blog you later!

One thought on “Novel work 2023!

1. Kia Ora Isabella,
    Wow! How creative your slides are for your book review. (Slidesgo is awesome). I remember having to read that book and I don’t think I could finish it without tears, it was so sad. Your review of the book is spot on, and you are careful not to give the ending away.
    I am so glad you are back blogging and I am looking forward to seeing more posts.
    Whaea Tanya
    Ako Hiko EPL